Trims and Pricing
The 2015 Chevy Volt is available to Schenectady and Albany drivers in just one trim level, but don’t worry about variety. Chevrolet has multiple package upgrade options to customize the Volt to further suit your needs.
- 2015 Chevy Volt: $35,170 (MSRP)
- Navigation and Bose Premium Audio Package: +$995
- Premium Trim Package: +$1,395
- Enhanced Safety Package 1: +$575
- Enhanced Safety Package 2: +$595
The distinctive lines and exterior design of the Volt have been seen in and around Albany and Schenectady for a few years now, and it always seems to turn heads with its aerodynamically infused style. While many drivers choose the Volt out of practicality, its exterior has style elements like a front “grille” that is actually designed to give the vehicle a traditional sedan look while deflecting air turbulence.
Chevy’s designers gave the Volt one other unique touch: its exhaust exits underneath the car, leaving no visible exhaust pipe, reminding drivers that this is an electric vehicle with an optional gasoline engine, not a just a typical hybrid.
If you thought hybrid engines had to be boring and underpowered, the Volt is here to put that to rest.
- Electric Motor: The Volt’s primary drive system is the electric motor, powered by its lithium-ion battery pack. The electric motor alone is rated at 149 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque for swift off-the-line acceleration.
- Gasoline Engine: While primarily used to power the electric motor, the additional 83-hp 1.4L four-cylinder engine can also boost the Volt’s performance beyond the electric specs when needed.
- Electric Driving Range: On a full charge, the Volt can drive as far as 38 miles without using a drop of gasoline thanks to its 98 MPGe fuel economy rating. With a full tank of gas, this Chevy can go as far as 342 miles.
- Fuel Economy: When the battery runs out, the Volt still bests many of its competitors on efficiency, earning 35 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway.
Interior Features and Design
Chevy designed the Volt’s cabin to be spacious, comfortable, and technologically advanced, matching the futuristic look and feel of the rest of the vehicle. The hatchback design means you have an easily accessible and expandable storage area when you haven’t filled all four seats, and tech and comfort amenities are state-of-the-art.
- Chevy MyLink: This standard 7-inch touchscreen display lets you check vehicle and charging specs, manage Bluetooth settings, and control audio with just a few taps on the screen or the available voice control settings.
- In-vehicle Wi-Fi: Take the Internet with you wherever you go with the standard in-vehicle Wi-Fi system from OnStar.
- Leather Upholstery and Heated Seating: These classic luxury features and more can be found on the Premium Trim package, adding another level of class and comfort to the Volt.
- Bose Stereo: This available seven-speaker stereo system delivers audiophile grade sound wherever you go.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Under the hood and in the cabin, the Volt sports some of the most advanced technologies, but underpinning it all is a dedication to safety that begins with the frame. This hybrid sedan is built with safety in mind with eight airbags and electronic stability and traction control, but it also comes with multiple advanced safety features:
- OnStar: Standard on the Volt, OnStar does more than deliver directions and concierge service. It can notify the authorities automatically in an accident and even help recover a stolen vehicle.
- Rearview Camera: Before backing up your Volt, this available safety feature kicks in and gives you a clear view of what’s behind you.
- Parking Sensors: These available safety features can be found on both the front and rear of the Volt, guiding you into parking spots with helpful beeps.
- Advanced Warning Systems: The Volt can be equipped with both forward collision and lane departure warning systems designed to bring your attention back to the road if they detect an accident could occur.
2015 Chevy Volt Reviews
There aren’t many cars like the Volt, and with what the critics are saying in these 2015 Chevy Volt reviews, we would be surprised to see another vehicle give Chevy’s unique car any real challenge.
- Edmunds: “The 2015 Chevy Volt has the best all-electric range of any plug-in hybrid, while its gasoline engine offers peace of mind that true electric vehicles can’t match.”
- Auto Trader: “The most noticeable thing about driving the 2015 Chevrolet Volt is its superb off-the-line acceleration. This is a common trait among electric vehicles due to their high torque output at low engine speeds. For the same reason, the Volt is an assertive left-lane passer.”
- Forbes: “Inside, things are suitably high tech and shiny. Some nice touches include body-colored door panel inserts, smooth painted surfaces where most cars have cloth, vinyl or leather surfaces.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “If you relish the idea of driving an electric car, but fear the idea of being stranded with a dead battery, the Chevy Volt might just be the ideal solution.”
Test Drive a Volt
Most drivers don’t quite know what to expect from the Volt, so we want you to take it for a spin. Contact us online or by phone at 518-278-6036 to learn more about the 2015 Chevy Volt; Albany and Schenectady drivers can also just drop by our dealership at 785 Central Ave in Albany for a test drive.