Trims and Pricing
The 2016 Impala has four main trim levels available, and even the entry-level LS model is one of the best-equipped full-size sedans on the road today. Of course, drivers looking to upgrade won’t have to look far; the Impala remains remarkably affordable regardless of the trim level:
- 2016 Sonic LS: $27,095
- 2016 Sonic 1LT: $29,460
- 2016 Sonic 2LT: $30,435
- 2016 Sonic LTZ: $35,540
For the look of the new Impala, Chevy opted for a clean, streamlined look, adding an attractive class to the powerful sedan. The 2016 line enhances this sharp look with a variety of new colors and appearance packages. The Midnight Edition package, for example, brings a dramatic, dark, monochromatic feel, and comes with 19-inch wheels, a black grille, and body-color mirrors, all designed to accent the vehicle’s inherent style.
The 2016 Impala offers two excellent engine choices, each geared toward different experiences.
- The ECOTEC 2.5L 4-cylinder engine delivers an EPA estimated 31-mpg highway/22-mpg city, making it among the most efficient family sedans on the market while still being capable of 196-hp performance.
- Drivers looking for a more athletic ride, though, will be well served by the 3.6L V6 that gets a powerful 305 hp.
Both of these engine setups are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission with an optional manual-shift mode, so you can further customize the feel to your tastes. In terms of handling, the belt-driven electric steering compliments innovations in damping and body stiffness to provide a smooth, yet accurate, ride.
Interior Design and Features
What really makes the Chevy Impala stand out is the way it houses all this power in a luxuriously comfortable container. The 2016 Chevy Impala continues this trend of quality, with plenty of space for passengers and Bose Active Noise Cancellation technology to inhibit unwanted noise.
The new Impala also brings several amenities and tech upgrades to the table, including new wireless cell phone charging. The Chevy MyLink connectivity system, which puts a variety of apps and controls at your command via a dashboard touch screen, is also getting an upgrade, adding Apple CarPlay functionality to its suite of features. This addition allows you to plug in your iPhone and control apps, texts, music, and a variety of other services, directly through the dashboard command center.
Advanced Safety Technologies
At Chevrolet, safety is of the utmost importance, and that dedication shines through in the design of the 2016 Chevy Impala. The crash test scores that have been released so far have all been impeccable, including an overall rating of five stars from the NHTSA. In addition, the 2016 Impala offers a wide array of advanced accident prevention technologies, including:
- Blind-spot monitors
- Lane-departure warning system
- Adaptive cruise control
- Rearview camera and rear parking sensors
- Forward-collision warning system
And in the event of an accident, you can trust the ten airbags that come standard in the Impala to keep you safe, while the OnStar system keeps you informed and connected to emergency situations.
2016 Chevy Impala Reviews
We hope that we’ve made it clear we think the Impala is an excellent full-size sedan, but we want you to be sure beyond the shadow of a doubt. Take a look at some of the top 2016 Chevy Impala reviews:
- Edmunds: “With its appealing blend of style, space and available V6 power, the 2016 Chevrolet Impala is a smart choice for a large sedan.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “The Impala offers a handsome and roomy interior, impressive safety features and the most powerful naturally aspirated V6 engine in its class. A smooth ride, excellent handling abilities and good fuel economy only serve to sweeten the deal.”
- Left Lane News: “Between its limo-sized interior, clever infotainment system and tastefully understated styling, the Impala appeals to those in search of a cushy, feature-packed four-door.”
Meet the 2016 Chevy Impala
To learn more about the 2016 Chevy Impala near Albany, Troy, or Schenectady, just contact our showroom at (518) 278-6036. Or you can visit us in person and see what’s in stock at DePaula Chevrolet at 785 Central Avenue in Albany today.